View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyb View Post
So, when using the option to import, does it create the collections I currently have on the old library/reader? And where does it put the books onto the new reader?
I don't entirely understand your comment about caring where my books are stored? Would they be on the older reader and the new one?
Yes, it imports the collections you have in the old software.
I don't recall the exact path (where exactly the books go) on the new reader, sorry.

My comment about where the books are stored - I am talking about where ON YOUR PC the books are stored. If you are using Windows 7, with the old software, most (but not all) of your books would be stored under "My Documents/My Books/Reader Library/", while, with the new software, they are stored under "My Documents/My Books/Reader/".

With the new software, every time you import something or copy it to your PC from the device, it will get stored in "My Documents/My Books/Reader/". But if you use the 'auto-import' to import books from the old software when installing the new software, it will leave the books from the old software in their old directory and simply 'link' to them. Which you may or may not care about - I like to have everything in one single directory because it facilitates backing things up.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote