View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
Now I'm not that technical to understand this issue well. With 3G enabled, why is it not possible to add a SIM card and make/receive calls? Why should we even want to differentiate between a phone and a tablet after all?
As I understand it the 3G modem may not support voice, or the software may not enable it. The original Samsung Galaxy 7" from 2010 supported voice for the international version but not for the US version (though that could be enabled via a hack). If I remember correctly no other tablet ever supported voice (I am not sure about the HTC flyer), though a number do have 3G options (iPad, Samsung 7.7").
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote