View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #50
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Giggleton, your proposal is interesting. However, it would require some kind of verification of the "play time" on the side of the user. I was thinking of a predefined real-time window starting from the moment of purchase because in this way the content provider can be sure that the user can't circumvent the verification mechanism :-)

Of course, setting a general, fixed, real-time limit of 24 hours creates its own set of problems. For instance, I was forced to introduce an exemption for short-lifespan content (those which are usually played a single time, and have a duration well below 24 hours).
Your idea is certainly more sensible in principle, but I have doubts on its technical feasibility (read: prevention of workarounds).For instance, for movies you could be given a maximum of 15 minutes of playing time to decide if you like it or not; only if you stop playing within that limit, you can switch the movie for another one.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote