View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #62
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
When I was 15 and in honors english I got stuck reading stuff like Pigs in Heaven and Raisin in the Sun. I wanted to read books like 1984 and Starship Troopers, books that ended up sticking with me far longer than the snoozefests we had forced on us.

I wouldn't read most of the books on this list if you paid me.
"Genre fiction" always plays second fiddle to litfic, even though litfic is itself a genre. The difference seems to be that litfic has the support of academia, while genre fiction has sales numbers.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote