View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
so what are you saying? airlines deliberately annoy their customers? just for sport?
I got stuck at PE airport(a hole) a few months back, as usual I found a place to leave my bag and then went exploring places you're not meant to explore. Found some staff break room, and being dressed fairly formally decided I'd check for biscuits. I was pretty hungry. I failed to notice a guy in the adjoining room who caught me, but we ended up having coffee and I got to ask him annoying questions. He was some Boeing on site support guy.

Anyhoo he pretty much just said that all of the airlines do it to avoid causing conflict when passengers who are accustomed to using devices start using it on an airline who is using older planes without good digital signaling for in-cabin comms. He pointed out that the MD 80's parked nearby had some older gear which could be an issue as an example. It seemed that it was mostly just about comms, and that avionics and control stuff is a non-issue; I assume due to them being refit as complete units, with more digital components and better shielding.

Interestingly you'll find that a lot of older metro trains and such also have the same problem, but don't make a big fuss about it.

The biscuits were horrible floury things :/
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote