Thread: Styling lists
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You can assign a margin to your index paragraph styling and in that styling, say no indent.

If you must line them up, you can use a table and right align them in a cell. But tables are not always handled well either.
I'm thinking just using a simple list is a better idea than using a table. Lists, while even the simple basic <ol> or <ul> may not look ideal in some reader apps, they do at least work for the most part. In an app that won't show the numbers and makes an <ol> look like a <ul>, the list items do appear in order and work fine. Tables seem iffier, especially with a long table of contents, or one where the chapter titles are on the long side. That could get really ugly at larger font sizes.

I wouldn't bother with an internal TOC list at all, except it seems to be needful for the Kindle conversion navigation.

I guess I'll do some testing, see which looks the least worst to me.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote