View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Sometimes big sales promote the brand/product to people who wouldn't otherwise buy--sometimes they simply sell it to people who were already set to buy.
First I decide what electronics to buy. Then I wait until the next time Thanksgiving week comes around

I think the fundamental problem is that, apart from luxury goods, stuff you try on, and perishables, it will be increasingly hard for bricks and mortar to compete with on-line. Not just because more people are comfortable on-line, but also because there's more possibility of automating and robotizing order fulfillment warehouses than stores. Competing on price and selection, B&N loses out to Amazon, and competing for the less price sensitive customers, they'll lose out to the stronger and more charming of the independent stores. I suppose it is possible to slowly shrink while remaining profitable. Maybe that is their best case scenario, except that I don't know if it's possible.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote