View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 06:35 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Ah, Modula-2. I used that for my first paid programming job (Time Line project management, running on MS-DOS). Sadly, we had to abandon that for CPP in porting to Windows.
Yes, I had to do contract work in C, C++ and Java, among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
ReMarkable does on device conversion, but it is now almost 4 years since RM 2 shipped (Aug 2020). Evidently there is no market for similar devices that Amazon has any interest in capturing.
Now, by buying in MyWrite Nebo. For years they only used a so called cloud service. One trick pony. The RM2 is basically a cost reduced RM1 with the buttons removed. It's a bad copy of an early Sony DPT.

I nearly bought a Scribe due to 300 dpi and notes, though I already had the Kobo Elipsa and Kobo Sage. I also considered the sort of premium Fire tablet with notes.
Now I only read epubs and touch keyboard abbriviated notes to highlights on it. I think eink is too slow for notetaking with realtime conversion and preview. I still buy ebooks from Amazon and bought many eink Kindles from them (for me an other family members) since 2011 or 2012. I doubt I'll ever buy a Kindle or Fire tablet now.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote