View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndersk View Post
I've downloaded aldiko for reading what books I do on my arc. On my PC I use Calibre to manage my entire library and use it to load books onto my Kobo Touch (main reader). I"m not sure how you do the things you mention in your post...would you be able to send me a PM or make a post about how to use these tools?

Thanks!
Load your selection of books onto your Arc using Calibre. You can plug it in or follow these instructions to do it wirelessly using the Calibre server:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=2
Note 2 changes: do not use Aldiko premium and now Calibre will tell you what your IP address is if you click on the little arrow next to the "Connect" icon, it will be in the drop down menu that appears.
For the rest of the sync process:
1- open a Dropbox account if you don't already have one. Install on PC and install the app on each device
2- make sure your Aldiko version is the free one (2.1) on all your Android devices, because permissions for Dropbox have changed, the premium version will not sync unless the tablet is rooted
3- purchase Aldiko sync from the Google Play Store (I think it costs about $1.99), install on each Android device
4- in Aldiko Sync, customize your settings, ensure that "sync to last point read" is selected
5- in Aldiko Sync, tap on "sync" folder, enter your Dropbox username and password
6- ensure wifi is "on" and allow your devices to do their initial sync, this takes more time the first time...
For the reading of any type of ebook in Aldiko, Google "Apprentice Alf" and follow the instructions.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-26-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote