View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I have never noticed the txt error. but I have only done 10 or so books from txt. I believe you that it can happen sometimes. it didn't seem to mangle them in this case. and i did say to make it from HTML if available.
I have seen it happen. I don't think it happens all the time, but once is enough.

Quote:
Since Book cleaner is mentioned in the install thread, I have no need/want to mention it here.
I do think that whenever you mention setting up Book Designer, you need to also mention setting up Book Cleaner. Without Book Cleaner properly setup, you might as well not bother with Book Designer.

Quote:
never noticed missing toc elements when does this happen? in 65 books with these settings I never noticed anything wrong. thanks for the tip about em dashes (I know some people are really ana...Passionate about them... thanks for these tips.) I Will Make these changes.

the rest is personal preference, but as described in the last slide. I like my headers and footers.
I've seen the ToC thing happen before. In fact, it was because someone on the forum had a problem with the ToC that I figured it out.

As for em dashes, it's not about being anal or passionate about them. It's about being true tot he text. If there is an em dash in the original text, there should be an em dash showing on the Reader's screen.

As for the headers/footers, they are a personal thing or not. I just think they don't need to be there. They do take up page space and battery life and don't actually look good (IMHO).

As for lin spaces between paragraphs, why would anyone actually like them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote