View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
From jharher's roadmap:

"... Milestone: 2.18
Due in 4 months (03/30/09)
0%
Closed tickets: 0 Active tickets: 3
Power Management

Using new kernel capabilities, some kind of sleep or hibernate functionality will be implemented if possible. In addition, the boot process will be streamlined in order to reduce boot time. Depending on circumstances, other possibilities include providing a very fast alternative, "minimalist" boot image.

Also included in this release will be improvements in the battery driver to provide support for any sized battery...."

I am so-o-o-o excited about this, it would make the iLiad by far the best device for my purposes. This has alleviated any doubts I had about ordering the device.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that sleep functionality is possible - but does this apply to displaying a static page, which would extend the possible reading time, or to turning the screen off, which would extend the possible standby time?

THANK YOU!!!
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote