View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #111
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
[...] I guess my biggest fear is that what I'm writing will bear no resemblance to the vivid images in my mind.

I hope everyone goes through this when they write as well. Otherwise I'm probably going crazy. My husband found me up writing at one in the morning last night and I felt like I was creeping around behind his back. [...]
Yep. During the first novel of the series I'm writing I generally described myself as schizophrenic: some days I thought I was doing well, other days ... far from it. It wasn't until I finished that I was finally able to make some reasonable assessment.

As for 1am, that's about when things are heating up for me. Though it's now approaching 3am here and I've definitely cooled off again - but it's been a good night, a good day actually, so at least I'm going to bed happy ... though it's anyone's guess when sleep will actually happen.

Best of luck with it. Getting excited about your own work is a good sign I think - if you can't do it for yourself, how can you expect to do it for others.