View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #107
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I've been lurking and reading here for quite some time and have found this forum a tremendous help. Seeing others set and realize goals is quite inspiring for me.

My goal is to finish the novel I began approximately a year ago. It's a YA sci-fi, fantasy, futuristic-type novel and will likely be the first of a series. In the past two months I have picked the novel back up after a six to eight month hiatus and am writing like a fiend. I think I've discovered that sweet point where you fall in love with your own book. I can't stand to be away from it and I'm anxious all the time when I'm with it. I guess my biggest fear is that what I'm writing will bear no resemblance to the vivid images in my mind.

I hope everyone goes through this when they write as well. Otherwise I'm probably going crazy. My husband found me up writing at one in the morning last night and I felt like I was creeping around behind his back.

So my writing goal is to finish this book by summer and publish it on Smashwords. I have approximately 65,000 words written so far and the plot is just starting to heat up. Like most of you, my biggest challenge is finding time to put the words on paper while working full time in a non-writing field.