View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #71
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Coding requires you understand your tools and think in their processes, not in your native language.
Coding is my job, so I know how I think when I'm doing it. Sure, I have to translate each idea to the coding language as I type each line, but the intentions are manifested as language in my head. For example, I would think: "get the x-coordinate of the side furthest to the left", and then type out the code necessary to do that. So, I have a monologue going in my head in my native language as I code. I was wondering if others could do it without that, somehow understanding the intention without expressing it in their native language, and thus making it harder to verbalize. It sounds like you might, so, can you articulate how you do it? I'm curious because I can't imagine doing it any other way than I how do it.

Edit: I should note that when I said "Of course, if someone is not proficient in a language, then you can't expect them to be good at the articulation part.", I meant a natural language, not a computer language. I'm sorry that I wasn't clearer.

Last edited by rkomar; 11-22-2012 at 05:12 PM.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote