View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I've seen a number of such surveys here, and, like virtually all, some questions are leading or unanswerable.

Over what period of time will paper books possibly go away. Years? Centuries? Millions of years?

As for the question about how much an eBook should cost, this sounds like the just price theory from the middle ages. I make buying decisions, not pricing decisions. Publishers bear no loyalty to me. They should charge whatever maximizes revenue*. I suspect that in a decade or two, print books will be a small niche luxury market, and the price of an eBook will be a small fraction of the paper price. But I don't see justice as dictating any particular price, and feel the survey propagandizes an anti-market POV by failing to give a "none of my business" option.

* There might be some exception for literature essential to human health, like medical journals with government-funded research findings. Perhaps they should be provided for free. In this post, I am just thinking about general readership books.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote