View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I took a run at Finnegan's Wake a few years ago and didn't get very far, but I'll take Joseph Campbell's enthusiasm for the book as sufficient recommendation that there is in fact something there. It's obviously an experimental work that demands a high level of engagement from the reader, and not everyone has the patience or the skill set for that kind of reading.

I remember when I first started to 'get' Modern and contemporary poetry it was something of a revelation--I had unknowingly assumed 'reading is reading,' but in truth there's more than one kind of literacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think that "Cat's Cradle" is a hard read. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it when I tried to read it.
0_o
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote