View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #13134
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Finished my first Robert B Parker book, Night Passage and it certainly didn't disappoint! In fact I added the TV movie to the top of my Netflix queue so I can see it again.

Now I'm going back to Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak series to read Breakup, $4.99.
I enjoy the Stone books (and TV movies), but honestly don't think they're as strong as his Spenser books. Possibly because I've been reading the Spenser books since the beginning, and I see things in the Stone books that are just one more rehash of the same old thing. (His protagonists have significant problems with relationships, and even though Spenser has a long-standing relationship with Susan, it's very much non-typical and rather uneven. And also fairly unbelievable.)

Breakup is possibly my favourite Stabenow book. It's funny, totally tongue in cheek, and she clearly was trying to see just how far she could go.

Charlie.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote