View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
I'm disappointed but relieved at the same time, at least I'm not tempted to replace my 650.

WiFi might be useful if it allowed wireless syncing and full access to whichever site I choose to buy books from (Kobo, Diesel, wherever) - I'm not certain but from what I have seen, this is not the case. Having said this, I probably wouldn't even use it then as I prefer to remove the DRM from books I have purchased before putting them on my reader.

The lighter weight sounds good, but not at the expense of replacing the metal frame with a plastic one.

Being able to change fonts is good, although I do wonder whether the font I prefer will be one of those available.

The pinch to zoom feature sounds good, but when I saw it in action, I realised it wouldn't be useful unless the text was reflowed at the same time. Also the screen flashes were more than annoying.

All in all, this is one reader I will be giving a miss, my 650 is still the best option for me. I'll put the money I'll save towards the next iPhone.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote