Thread: Seriousness Goodbye for now
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Goodbye for now

My mother just recently lost her year-long battle with lung cancer. I've been her caregiver, her child, and sometimes her parent as the disease took hold. She passed away quietly Saturday evening, and the funeral is tomorrow.

So why goodbye?

I've found that I can no longer enjoy MobileRead. A few acrimonious posters are getting to me in a way that they never would have before, and I'm tired of it. I really don't need the extra stress. So congrats guys, and you know who you are, you chased me away good and proper. I hope it makes you happy, and it makes me sad that it probably will.

I may come back, I may not, we'll see.

Carl

PS: And thanks to all the wonderful folks here whom I've had very positive interactions with.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote