View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjonvargas View Post
hey geekmaster, i have seen the links and I have another question.
If I make a dmg image with disk utility of my kindle touch and I brick it, can it restore completely my kindle when I write that dmg on the device?
I think it can be useful because I would be making a dmg of all the device and not a dmg of some partition
I do not think there is a way for you to access the true root of the filesystem with only the Amazon Stock software installed.

The threads you read here about reading/writing the system sections of the filesystem are using either one of the maintenace tools or one of the "hacks" that give access to the root of the filesystem.

So I don't think you will be able to (directly) make a dmg of the Kindle's filesystem.
But you can make copies of it, details are in the threads listed by GM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote