View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by qariwa55 View Post
Do you (or anyone) know if there is any 9" or so e-book reader with pearl display? And for that matter, how many pearl display e-book readers are there of any size?
The new Kindle DX has a 9" Pearl display. Amazon has bought up eInk inc. some time ago, so they have direct access to the new Pearl and Triton (color eInk) diplays.
(So my guess is, that they might come up with a Kindle featuring color eInk panel next year)
I'm not sure if Amazon restricts supplies of Pearl panels to other e-reader producers in any way. Another reason of PocketPock using the old Vizplex panels might be that they are cheaper than Pearl panels or that they still have a huge stock of the old panels and want to get rid of these before they loose their value completely. But that's all just a bit of bold speculation.

Furthermore there is also one 7" reader from Sony (PRS-950SC - Daily Edition) which has a large pearl screen.

If you are seeking a smaller reader using Pearl technology, there are Kindle3 as well as the whole Sony PRS series.

Even a 9" color eInk panel reader from Hanvon is somewhere out there. I wonder where you can purchase it from... :-D

Last edited by pbmaniac; 09-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote