View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
1) the progress bar does not require any significant amount of cpu time. ... 2) my suggestion is to re-encode audio to cbr. ... 3) if you can find another slave player that i can use as the backend for the ui, i'd be happy to port it.

4) here's the method that repaints the progress bar:
... just do this: ...
1. I could see that it didn't use much cpu time; I was more thinking about the power required by the display to be constantly updating those few pixels on the bottom. Do you think that's negligible as well?

2. I hear ya. I have no interest in transcoding my files, especially not to any format in CBR. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

3. I'm amazed how well mplayer works now! I tried the mplayer that's posted elsewhere on this board first and was totally disappointed that it was using 50% of the cpu. I was psyched when I saw your compile of it was using similar time as the stock player. I'll keep an eye out though...

4. THANK YOU. So simple! Should've known. When I have some more time I'll get scratchbox set up on my ubuntu install (mostly use fedora). I'd like to tweak the kinamp hotkeys too. Oh--that reminds me: Can you explain your choice of keys for that? (It seems kinda un-intuitive that next is to the left of prev. I'm also surprised you didn't use the dpad.)

Kinamp feature request: I'd love to have a hotkey to paint the currently-playing track. I have some long files.

Last edited by ryran; 08-23-2011 at 10:06 AM.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote