View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #838
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
BMI is only useful as a guide. If you have a lot of muscle, you will have a higher BMI without necessarily having excess fat.

But unless you are a professional athlete or otherwise work to maintain a large muscle mass, BMI isn't too bad.
As I do with statistics, I'm going to stick with what I can see with my own two eyes. Right now I can't pinch any 'love handles' even if I bend to the side. There is no excess there. And I can see my abs clearly, so no longer a cover layer of fat there either. I haven't done the electronic thing with my scale to measure inter-organ fat, but I have difficulty imagining that there is much left there either. Supposedly, that's the easiest to get rid of.

To actually reach the 'healthy' mark on the BMI charts, I'd either have to grow another 6 inches or lose 4-5 more kilo. I'm opting to grow...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote