View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #827
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Remember that you'll probably want to ramp up your protein intake when you start to build muscle. The usual advice seems to be that the average sedentary adult needs 45 grams of protein a day but if you work out an hour a day to build muscle you'll need to add about 60 grams to that. I've always considered that too much to try to consume when I'm try to cut calories to burn fat so I've stuck with cardio workouts for that purpose and average about 65 grams per day. The transition from exercising and eating to lose fat to exercising and eating to maintain weight and build strength is going to be interesting. But I'm hoping I get my weight down far enough that it becomes relevant. Anyway, good luck, Stichy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have my bag of "Super Duper Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein" on the shelf. I'm still getting the cardio from our 5k-10k speed walks and stair climbing. I've been doing regular PT in the house, but without pushing. It's that 'push' that I'm going to add to my upper body workouts. I've already got good definition in my arms and shoulders. I need more in my lats and all the different abs. I want to look positively dangerous when I hit the beaches this summer...

On the down side... I've discovered Krispy Kreme Donuts is now in Osaka...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote