View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Paper vs. Kindle Cost

Is there anybody out there that routinely sells new paper books as used (hardcover and paperback)?

I have always given mine to friends and family so have no idea what one recovers by doing this.

I has wondering this to make the following comparison:

Ebooks are now (with the Kindle), generally cheaper than the same book on Amazon in the "lowest cost at the time in paper" version.

Since folks make a lot of the fact that Kindle books cannot be sold and paper books can, I was wondering if the cheaper cost of the Kindle books makes up for what you would recover from selling a paper version of the same book.

So is the difference in Kindle vs. new paper cost greater or less than the loss taken when buying new paper and then selling that paper as used?

Now clearly buying used paper is cheaper but that is a different story.

Any thoughts?
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote