View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
Big Brother Revisited

A couple of things I've noticed:

1) Amazon pushes updates that you might not notice, because they don't change the software version number. The one I just noticed is called Update_PRL_50428.bin, and updates the cellular “preferred roaming list” on the K2US—harmless enough, but it shows that they can do more behind your back.

2) More importantly, anyone remember those magic “atv:kin:1” headers in downloaded files? We still don't know the format, but one thing is clear: these are harvested by the indexer and periodically (by request) uploaded to Amazon. This isn't just a theoretical ability; I actually caught it happening. So Amazon may know if you move files between devices. What they actually do with this information is unclear.
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote