View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Funny how things are fixed in software Don't get me wrong, I'm in the software business, and the first thing that goes through my mind when something doesn't work is "well, reboot it and try again"...
Yeah I used to be a sysadmin, and reboot was my first line of defence.

I guess its because software systems are among the most complex created by man, and as with any complex system, you start to see seemingly non-deterministic behavior, like the same action being repeated twice yielding different results.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote