View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
It's official -- You can only loan a book out once.

I asked the following question on the Barnes & Noble eBooks Help Board

Quote:
Can you only loan a book once and once only?

The FAQ says, "You can lend many of your eBooks one time for a maximum of 14 days." Does this mean you can only loan the book out once, PERIOD, and once you have loaned out a book you can NEVER loan it out again, even after the 14 day loan period expires?
I received the following response

Quote:
Kristine_S Administrator
Re: Can you only loan a book once and once only?

Yes, that's correct. You can loan each eBook (providing the publisher allows this) one time only, for a period of 14 days, to any B&N eReader-supported device, including nook, Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod Touch, and BlackBerry. During this time you cannot read the eBook yourself. Hope that helps, and thanks for your question.
I canceled my order for a Nook. (Ok, that didn't sound right, maybe that's why marketing gave it that name. Who in their right mind turns down Nook?) For me it came down to
  1. No Lending
  2. Higher Book Prices
  3. No Folders/Tags
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote