View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Good news, Charles ... all is working fine.

I put Calibre in debug mode, and since I was running it for a log, I waited it out this time. The sync did complete. I guess I was just too impatient when first testing.

But it did take almost 9 minutes to finish just the "Waiting for Calibre" stage, during which time Calibre's interface is locked up -- when clicking on the jobs area in the lower right corner, the jobs window does not pop up; the wheel is stuck and not spinning; and the cursor is also stuck on the hourglass. That's why I thought it wasn't working. If the little wheel in Calibre were at least spinning during that time, I would have known the process was progressing normally.

Subsequent connections as a Wireless Device progress as usual (relatively quickly). It's just when you change the cover size that it takes a long time. That is the first thing I did when I installed the beta; I changed the cover size for the book details page to Large.
Quote:
Do you mean a flat grey color, not a patterned grey as in an aged grey wood?
Patterned gray or aged gray wood are fine. Both would look great. It is more the overall color that matters to me.

Regardless of the color, the new shelf design looks fantastic. That will be my default view.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote