View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Charles, the new interface with the shelves looks terrific. I love the option to change the sizes of the cover thumbnails in the list, shelf and details views.

Everything seems to work as intended except I can't update wirelessly using the Wireless Device option. It will make the connection with Calibre, it will send metadata to Calibre, but then a message appears which says "Waiting for Calibre." At that point, the little wheel in the lower right corner of Calibre stops spinning and the job is stuck. Calibre's interface also freezes. I have to shut it down through the Windows task manager.

If I let it keep trying to finish, the message in CC eventually just closes. I guess the process times out.

Connecting via the Content Server works fine. In CC's settings I have changed the size of the book cover thumbnails for the details page to Large. New books downloaded via the Content Server show the cover in Large. But all the previous books in my library are stuck on the default size from the previous version of CC. I guess that's because they are only updated by connecting as a Wireless Device and that process won't complete for me.

I never had an issue connecting as a Wireless Device with the previous version of CC. I am using a Nook HD with ICS. On my PC is Windows XP SP-3. And I have the latest version of Calibre installed (0.9.43).

Since I have your attention, here is my short wishlist for CC ...

1) The ability to hide custom data from the book's detail page.

2) An optional shelf color scheme in medium or dark gray (not black which is too stark).

Hopefully this can be implemented in this or a future version.

All in all, great job by you and CC's other developers!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote