View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #723
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post

I'm especially fond of the OS because it doesn't actively insult you. The home page is ad-free and useful; the store window is quite small and only shows you books which are related to the ones you actually own. I much prefer that to the latest Kindles' habit of assaulting you with an imposing row of awful bestsellers on the devices' home pages, which is the visual equivalent of having to hear bad Top 40 every time you turn on your music player.
you may want to have a look at the tweaks plugin: that would for instance enable you to get rid of the wishlist if you so wish (!), and have other useful features. The thing to remember is to update the firmware version number in the configuration file. Also worth having a look at the dedicated thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
  • Scrolling through the library seems rather slow going for an e-reader which is quite swift otherwise. Is there a way to improve the scrolling speed if you've loaded over five hundred books (as I have)?
I have a vague recollection that this has to do with the size of the database - if you ask in the Kobo forum I'm sure you will get a helpful and competent reply from one of its "usual suspect", extremely helpful folks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote