View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #115
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello again davidfor,

I will answer most of your questions in the coming week. I know for example that the backups are "clean", but I have indeed not tested the database after changing it with calibre but before ejecting it... i'd rather give you a complete answer after running some tests.

One thing I can answer straight away though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A later thought: Do you know which version of the Touch it is? The older ones have the internal memory attached to the PCB. The newer ones use a micro SD card that can be removed. And how did you upgrade the firmware?
I have a Kobo Touch N902C, which is the newest version as far as I know. The Firmware used in this version is identical to that used in the Kobo Glo. It uses a mini SD Card on the PCB. I can give you the precise PCB version from the hwinfo startup script once I get my hands on the device

I upgrade manually (as in download zip, unzip/copy to .kobo, reboot, rehack). In Germany, I still get firmware version 2.3.1 when upgrading - which in my opinion is a very buggy version. After having ruined my KT once using wrong firmware, I got to understand that my KT is new enough to be using the Glo firmware (which still does not make the KT light up in the dark... I ought to write customer support about that ).

Edit: Could it be possible that the Desktop App "upgrades" the database structure next to the firmware itself? This could be a simple issue of the database version not being usable by nickel because it expects another db scheme?

Cheers,

ichrispa

Last edited by ichrispa; 02-24-2013 at 08:57 AM.
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote