View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #88
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
That is a nice list. Some easy to read stories, but with a deeper meaning such as Animal Farm and Christmas Carol. Some stuff that costs a bit more perseverance but is still doable when split in parts, such as The Three Musketeers and Lord of the Rings. I can see children liking the Narnia stories, Alice, and at least the first few Harry Potter books.

It gets better when they are allowed to draw comparisons with the movies (for books that have them, which are quite a few) and get to explain what the differences are, what they liked about that, what not, and why.

Yes, I think this is quite a fun list. I think that only children squarely opposed to reading will have trouble with it. I'd be hard pressed to make a better one; I might just add The Hobbit, Black Beauty, and The old man and the sea.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-08-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote