View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #81
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
My child is completing high school and none of these books are offered in his Literature or Sociology curriculum. Shocking? No. Adolescents have a low attention span, and video games are the only medium where they become involved in plot-oriented storytelling and "role" playing. If the Christian Science Monitor put Twilight or Harry Potter on their list, they would have gotten a more positive response from the survey. Most surfers probably quit after 5 books. Of the 9 books I did not read, there are probably a few I'll add to my reading list. Haskins' book on the Civil War looks like a fast read, but finding it in a library will not be easy. The book has only one review on Amazon, and I'll bet most people did not even know of the title, prior to the survey.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote