View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #80
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I remember loving reading Homer (the Iliad and the Odyssey), Sophocles (Oedipus the King) and Virgil (the Aeneid) when I was that age. Beowulf was another favorite.

For Shakespeare we read it aloud with different people reading different parts which I think made it easier to tackle at that age. Sometimes we watched Shakespeare as a movie/performance first. I remember it not as torture, but as enjoyable.
Me too.. I liked The Odyssey and Beowulf. Also enjoyed the Canterbury Tales so much that I took a whole class on Chaucer in college. I was a theatre nerd as well as a book lover in high school so I liked Shakespeare too.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote