View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #76
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Depends on the 15yo. My husband collects versions of Shakespeare on video, and he and my daughter have been watching it since she was younger than 15. Her theater group did Midsummer Night's Dream, and she fell in love with live-performed Shakespeare. She voluntarily and of her own choosing took a survey course in Shakespeare, at which she did quite well.

The trick to introducing kids to Shakespeare is to let them see it performed, not just reading the script. I tutored a very reluctant kid who was being partially home-schooled, and when it came time to do Romeo and Juliette, I had him watch a couple of the versions that we have, and he was able to get into R&J much easier than just reading it as his classmates had to do.
My mom has said the same thing in the past. She had to read Julius Caesar in school and thought it boring, but then she saw a movie based on the play and it came alive for her.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote