View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #12998
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I really enjoyed that one, I hope that you do too. I think my next read will be Guy Gavriel Kay.

I'm reading "The Prince of Mist" by Zafon. I'm about a third of the way through it - it's great. Creepy as all heck to read before bedtime, though - but then again, I'm a bit of a wuss!
20% into Tigana and I now understand why people like it. I'm eager to read other books by G.G. Kay already, but many people say his best one is Tigana, so I'm still thinking. What is this next read of yours? Have you read A thousand spendid suns? Tell me what you think about it, too.

Zafón's style is about misty, creepy dark places, right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinifan View Post
After years of purposefully avoiding the series, I've started and finished all 7 of the Harry Potter books in about 6 weeks... While I am not ready to go buy a Hogwarts cloak or a copy of Harry's wand, I do have an appreciation now of why my kids and their friends would be at B&N at midnight for each new book.
Me too. I've been avoiding it forever. Just read the first two books last month or so, and liked them enough to understand the hype, and to continue. But I'd like to hold paper books, so I'm still waiting for the copies to arrive.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote