View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #191
mpetersen3
Enthusiast
mpetersen3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, I have used the 0.10N k3g installer for jailbreaking my kindle and I can use the usbNetwork connection to ssh/scp files to that location. I believe that since ~usbNetwork works this means my jailbreak is working, is this assumption correct?

However, when I scp the launchpad installer (the lpad-pkg-0.1c.zip version binary for k3g) into /mnt/us/ and then run "Update" the update fails to install. I have the kindle 3G (US) with firmware 3.3 . Any idea about my problems?

Also just out of curiousity what is required to compile the launchpad source? Does it need to be compiled on the kindle using the tinyC compiler/lib? I can't imagine compiling it on x86_64 arch linux since I don't have a mips proc and the binary would be completely different.

p.s. thanks to everyone in the scene for your excellent work in taking this device up another notch

p.p.s I am setting mntroot rw since I need to allow scp to copy the file, but I haven't been setting mntroot back to r only, I will try this later today to see if it will fix it.

Last edited by mpetersen3; 11-21-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
mpetersen3 is offline   Reply With Quote