Thread: PRS-350 Format issue with E-Pub
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnewton View Post
Hi all

I have bought my mam a Sony PRS-350 Book reader for xmas and downloaded a book from waterstones on xmas day and no problems at all, today i went on the same site and purchased another book today, i put it on the reader and its displaying it in a weird format.

It is showing about 4 words per line and all centralised in the middle of the page, for example

The book is reading
like this and it
looks really silly

Its like the above but all in the middle of the page

Any ideas whats gone wrong and if it can be fixed

Many Thanks

Chris
Are all the left-most letters of the three lines aligned vertically in a column, or is each line centered in the middle of the page. If the former then the publisher probably set the margins too big. If the latter then the publisher might have placed the entire text inside CENTER tags are used TEXT-ALIGN: CENTER in the CSS stylesheet. Either way it is the publishers mistake and you should definitely report the book to the bookstore.

Most books won't look like this, but occasionally the publishers seem to forget about margins and other settings that adversely affect small screen devices. For example, a 1" margin is fine in a printed book, but is bad on a device that is only 3" or 4" wide.