View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #1669
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
So you can testify that it didn't work that way in calibre 0.9? That it is a change that's happened in calibre 1.0?

FFDL isn't modifying the other books. calibre's DB keeps (or did keep) the author link in a separate table from the books. I can make that update optional, or only for new authors, or only when changed.

But if the calibre behavior has changed, we should open a bug with calibre and get it changed back.

Attached is a version that doesn't ever set or change author link if you care to use it in the mean time.
Yep, pretty sure it didn't work like that in 0.9-- I notice it because I usually use calibre's modified value to sort my library when I want to see what I just added and want to read. Can't really do that right now when every update also messes with things that haven't been.

I'm not sure if this new behaviour is intended to be a bug or a feature but seeing as Calibre Companion, which I'm certain many of us are using, can sort by Date (calibre)-- which is actually the last_modified date-- having this kind of thing happening will likely negatively impact that feature. I just want to read the latest update from author X, and would appreciate not having to remember what did update and wade through the umpteen other stories I have by X that haven't actually updated. >.>

Thanks for the new version: I'll test it out and see if all is as expected.