View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Will not do a reset as ALL my books are loaded via calibre. I HATE the way KOBO handles the loading of books, so don't use it. Not about the sign out and back in since I don't use the store on my kobo, but that I will try.

As for it going to sleep, I've been trying to purposely touch the screen after I wake it up, but that is also frustrating since once I touch the middle of the screen lets say to bring up the menu I have to wait up to 2 minutes for it to respond.

I've found that this has always been an issue on my kobo.

Thanks for the suggestions tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The return to sleep if the Kobo is woken up and there is no activity seems to take about 60-70 seconds for most people who have mentioned the issue. Your 5-10 seconds seems a bit faster than that. That seems to be a by design behaviour intended to put the Kobo back to sleep if it was accidentally woken up -- I suspect mostly for sleep cover users.

OTOH, my Glo and my daughter's Touch take less than a second to wake up from releasing the power switch. Page navigation seems, if anything, slightly faster than in the older firmware revisions.

I'd suggest that you might want to consider trying two suggestions. The first would be signing out from your account (Settings, Account, Sign Out) and then signing in again which seems to clean up quite a few database related issues. If that doesn't make any difference, try the Factory Reset from the Device Information menu. The latter wipes any sideloaded books on the internal storage, will downgrade your software to the factory version, etc. so it takes quite a bit longer as a firmware update and full database rebuild will be needed. Factory resets are a great argument for having your sideloaded content on a uSD card that can be removed and re-inserted.

Regards,
David
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote