View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
[...]I will have to see if they have any free ones after I finish the current series I am reading to see for myself I guess.
This, I think.

I am not a fan of the word "emotobook", but it does look to me like GCP may have an idea worth exploring. Not a comic, not quite a graphic novel, but something designed specifically for the media on which it is intended to be presented. I quite like the idea of seeing text-art and graphic-art merged in this way, I think it has real possibilities ... it's just that "emotobook" phrase that gives me the shudders and I wonder if it's all headed for something horrible.

Something I see as a parallel to this (it's not the same, much of this example being intended for print media) is the work of this artist/author: Shaun Tan. I have his "Tales from Outer Suburbia" here and absolutely love the way the images and text support each other.

That example was mostly images with some text, I see the GCP idea as having a greater emphasis on the text, but - I am assuming - still intending the art and text to support each other in revealing the emotion/mood of the piece and designed for ipad/iphone type media. This emphasis on the media also, I believe, explains the importance they place on social media participation etc - since that tends to be all part of the same media.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote