View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
EABonney
EABonney began at the beginning.

Device: HTC EVO
What has happened to books at eReader?

Ok so I have been an avid user of the eReader website for over eight years. Way back to when it was palm Reader. I have well over 100 books purchased here and I had close to 100 in my wish list. So then a couple of months ago I went to buy some books from my wish list and I noticed that the size of my list had fallen to only 17 books! At first I thought it was a mistake and that I needed to add all my books back. That was when I realized that the issue was bigger. Most of the mainstream authors that I had been reading or wanting to read where no longer available on the site. So I emailed support to see what was going on and I was told that there had been some changes in the publishing industry and they where in negotiations with publishers to offer the books again. So I waited a month or so and fired off another email, only to get the same response back.

So then this week I find the Kindle software for Android and I reviewed their catalogue and they have all the books I aS looking for. I tried one last time at eReader and they still are not offering most of the authors I want.

I decided to check out something else. I looked at Barnes and Nobles site for their ebooks that are available for their Nook. Funny how all the authors I am looking for are available for their proprietary reader, but not for their free eReader software. To me, the "uneducated" consumer, it would appear that B&N are attempting to push to consumers to their Nook by limiting book titles in their eReader software. Sadly because really didn't mind that form of DRM and now it appears I am moving towards the Kindle software.

I did notice that Borders also opened up an ebook site along with an Android reader as well. I may need to review this option also.

So does anyone here know what has happened over at eReader? Is it truly publishers not allowing them to sell certain titles all of a sudden or more of the parent company attempting to push sales of their Nook device?

-Eric
EABonney is offline   Reply With Quote