View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #186
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaStrom View Post
You can save those SM chips when they crash? Would you tell me how? I've had three go TU on me, the reader tells me the chip is full, the book tells me the chip isn't even there. And with what those puppies cost, I want to reutilize them if possible.

Rika
There were a lot of flaky SM chips and even more so now given their age since manufactured (early 2000's).

I don't know of any way to "revive" faulty SM cards other than reformatting them in a card reader that is capable of reading them i.e. some of the "20-in-1" or similar units from Tigerdirect.com

The eBookwise 1150 will allow you to reformat the external (SM) card using the hidden menu that can be accessed when you turn on your reader while holding down the "page down" button AT THE SAME TIME. (see Item 2. under Fixing stuff: here EBookwise-1150)

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-27-2010 at 04:27 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote