View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
And since the thread has been revived, I'm going to be mean and say it sounds better than a confusing PRS-XXX avalanche (650, 750, 500.34?).
I also admit to liking the name of the "nook".
How is saying I have a 650 more confusing then you saying I have a Kindle. When I say I have a 650, it's a known model. You know which Sony I have. If you say I have a Kindle, I have no idea which Kindle you mean. So unless you say I have a Kindle 3, or Kindle DXG, I have no idea which Kindle you have.

So the name Kindle without any version qualifier is confusing. 650, 350, 950, etc. are all specific to the model Reader they are.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote