View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm experiencing the same things - and this has happened since I used Calibre for the first time about a month ago.

Within a few days of connecting to calibre for the first time, the stand-by slider started working intermittently. Also hit-or-miss are all the other buttons; < > ,Home, re-size and Options will either put the reader into stand-by OR carry out the task they should do on a seemingly random basis. The battery also seems to need charging every single day.

I stopped connecting my reader to Calibre as that was the only thing I'd done differently in the 9 months I've had the machine, did several soft re-sets, 2 hard re-sets and it is improving a little - before the re-sets things were worse with the reader switching itself on and off randomly.

Is the use of Calibre coincidence? I've read most of the discussions about recharging and asked a question of my own to ascertain that I was charging mine correctly.

Then I found this thread ... did Sony ever say what the problem was with your reader, Amalthia?
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote