View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
when comparing browsers the nook color's browsers brings you to the webpage's full website not the mobile. The Galaxy Tab brings you to the mobile site, unless of course the website does not have a mobile site.

the nook color as a reader is really fantastic. the samsung galaxy tab can have both the kindle and the nook app but its skin is for the Tablet as opposed to the nook color's "skin" is all about the ereader and provides more functionality that is not found on apps.

I like the galaxy tab but I hate contracts involved. even with the latest price drop by T mobile or Spirnt, down to $299 but it still requires a two year agreement. So at $35 a month, no thank you.

If you do want a tablet though, my advice would be to wait. the Samsung galaxy Tab right now is running Froyo, the newer Android Tablets will be running Honeycomb 3.0 which is a whole another universe. The apps and everything will be optimized for tablets. Also with some major players coming in, a price war will hopefully follow.
If you want 3G a contract will most likey be unavoidable. Wi Fi only hopefully will have some nice prices.

If you just want a tablet ereader, the nook color is a gem.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote