View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #56
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Danke, stehk! I didn't realize the Kindle actually used the language setting from the book's metadata to choose the dictionary.

Works great for German books and dictionaries, but not for Chinese. I have books and a dictionary, both are set to Chinese (PRC) in the metadata, I also have unicode font installed and can read the books. But the Kindle won't look up Chinese characters in the dictionary. There are some English words in the book and when I add definitions for them to the dictionary I can look up those. Because of that I don't think there is a problem with the dictionary.

Has anyone succeeded in using a dictionary for a non-latin font language?
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote