View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #47
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
As I have read, Plastic Logic started out with a flexible model but decided to change to a rigid frame after test users just couldn't get used to the flexibility. I guess it depends how soft it is, if it stays rigid when you hold it in one hand but can be bent using slight pressure, then it would be okay. Though perhaps more of a gimmick then really useful.

Anyway, great somebody else is coming out with a similar device, this will keep Plastic Logic's pricing in check. But let us hope this device will be available in the very near future.
Dude, it's not as if the Skiff is going to be floppy either. It will be in a rigid case as well. The original design of the Que show as a prototype was very floppy and would be completely frustrating to use, plus there would be no reasonable place for a battery and other hardware...my guess was the prototype shown was simply to show off the flexible panel. And it will be just as flexible in the final product as well...take a look at the Skiff website and the images again...the actual reader is rigid...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote