View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #306
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholler View Post
... but one thing has me stumped: how to edit the year the book was published in metadata. A current month's calendar pops up, and I figured out to click on the year and then it allows me to enter the correct year of publication--but it always inserts a month, when I have no idea which month the book was published. (Note: these are old books, some from the 1800s, histories, etc. So there are no ISBN numbers.)
Go to Preferences - Tweaks and in the lefthand column highlight the tweak named Control how dates are displayed. In the bottom right box you'll see something like this:
Code:
# Control how dates are displayed

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy'

gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd-MMM-yy'

gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd-MMM-yy'
The first of the 3 is the one you need to change the format of published date.

The box above this contains the help notes for setting date formats.

Hope this helps.